Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Ready] Visual Studio 2010 Menu/ToolStrip

Re: [Ready] Visual Studio 2010 Menu/ToolStrip

Hey Nick,

I'm currently using these controls in an application because it's a nice change of pace from the normal stuff and I don't want to change it to WPF.

But, I'm changing the color scheme because I want to make it look less like VS.

So I've been playing around with the color properties and I'm getting it close to how I want it (aside from the menu strip gradient >.<). But, I can't seem to figure out how change the yellow mouse hover.

Could you point out to me where this property is?
    CodeBank contributions: Process Manager, Temp File Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley
    "game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....

Quote Originally Posted by weirddemon View Post
    Hey Nick,

I'm currently using these controls in an application because it's a nice change of pace from the normal stuff and I don't want to change it to WPF.

But, I'm changing the color scheme because I want to make it look less like VS.

So I've been playing around with the color properties and I'm getting it close to how I want it (aside from the menu strip gradient >.<). But, I can't seem to figure out how change the yellow mouse hover.

Could you point out to me where this property is?
    Ah, never mind. I found the property just as I posted this. It's the "Selected" properties within the common color table.

"game trainer" is the same as calling the act of robbing a bank "wealth redistribution"....

Hyperactive Member

I'm sorry for sounding noob, But I tried to add it to my project and itw on't work .A lot of errors. Could you hel pme out?

Hyperactive Member

I don't know... it's really weird. Wait, to add it to my project I just copy the classes in the same folders as you have in your project posted here?

PowerPoster

Read the 'Usage' part of the first post again. For VS2008 or higher all you need to do is copy the files you downloaded to whatever location (for example your VS20xx Projects folder). Then in the project where you want to use these controls, you rightclick the solution in the Solution Explorer and choose Add - Add Existing Project. Browse to the project you downloaded (vbproj file I think) and select it. Finally build your solution (via the Build menu). That should be all...

Lively Member

Hi nick. Do you have any idea how i would do this. Transparent Contextmenu. Hate windows default blue.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=678106

Hey Nick,

I really appreciate all your contributions to this site. I have a couple of questions for you. First, is it possible to square off the edges of your custom toolbar versus the rounded edges?

Second question, how could I get the vs2010 background look as the background for the form I'm working on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ron

PowerPoster

For the squared off edges, you can probably simply set the RoundedEdges property of the Vs2010ToolStripRenderer to False. If that doesn't help, then I'm probably drawing those edges myself and you'd need to change the drawing code (I don't think so though).

For the form background, have a look a couple posts back in this very thread

Thanks for your reply Nick, I really do appreciate it. As far as setting the roundededges property for the toolstrip renderer where do I set that at?

As for my second question I tried cutting and pasting the background code in my forms paint event and errors were generated. I will post the errors that were generated shortly.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron

Thanks for your quick reply Nick. Where in your code am I actually setting that property?

Ron

Thanks, that makes perfect sense. I thought you were referring to making the change in the renderer itself.

Ron

Nick, I've pasted the code you recommended in the form paint event to mimic the background used in vs2010 and I'm getting a couple of errors. Below is the code I've pasted:

Code:
    Private Sub frmMain_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles Me.Paint

Using h1 As New HatchBrush(HatchStyle.Percent20, Me.ColorTable.BackgroundDotsLight, Me.ColorTable.Background)
                e.Graphics.FillRectangle(h1, e.ClipRectangle)
            End Using
            Using h2 As New HatchBrush(HatchStyle.Percent20, Me.ColorTable.BackgroundDotsDark, Color.Transparent)
                e.Graphics.RenderingOrigin = New Point(0, -1)
                e.Graphics.FillRectangle(h2, e.ClipRectangle)
                e.Graphics.RenderingOrigin = Point.Empty
            End Using

End Sub
    The two errors I'm getting are Type 'HatchBrush' is not defined.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ron

Talk about coming late to the party...
    If anyone still follows this thread - here's a problem that's been chapping my backside for an hour now. Any help would be appreciated.

Create a Panel and put a Menustrip inside it.
    Add a couple of ToolstripMenuItems (Add, Edit, Delete for example)
    Set the .Enabled for all three items = False
    Now inside the Panel.Click event, turn all three .Enabled = True

Works just fine yes? Try this - identical code:
    Have your mouse OUTSIDE the panel while the buttons are disabled.
    Roll your mouse across one of the ToolstripMenuItems on your way into the panel.
    Click the panel.

The menu items go from .Enabled = False to .Enabled = True sure enough...but whatever ToolstripMenuItem you rolled over getting there is SELECTED.

In my application, it's the DELETE menu item and when the items go from disabled to enabled suddenly the delete menu item is highlighted. This behaviour is built into the default menustrip which the VS2010MenuStrip inherits so I'm not shocked but now try and turn those selected items off. You'll find its a READONLY property and takes an act of God to correct...i still haven't found a way.

If anyone can offer suggestions, that would be appreciated.

-LK

Hello everyone. I know its a pretty old thread but I am stuck and I need help guys.

I downloaded the Vs2010TabControlLib.zip file shared by Nick. However I can't seem to add it or compile it and the project generated 9 errors *see screenshot.
    Name:  00.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  59.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kasbaba View Post
    Hello everyone. I know its a pretty old thread but I am stuck and I need help guys.

I downloaded the Vs2010TabControlLib.zip file shared by Nick. However I can't seem to add it or compile it and the project generated 9 errors *see screenshot.
    Name:  00.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  59.9 KB
    I can help, but I need some more information. But, it would be easier if you could just share your project with me. Can you zip it up and add it as an attachment so I can download it and fix the issue?

Hi WeirdDemon - thank you for pitching in. Basically I am trying to get the original project (uploaded by Nick) to work. Here is a link to it. http://www.vbforums.com/attachment.p...5&d=1271889167

I am using Visual Studio 2008 with .NET 3.5 - do you think this relates to the .NET framework.

Many thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12