dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Access 2007 Label Report Question

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Access 2007 Label Report Question

Hi All,

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this issue, but I've been banging my head against the wall for a couple of hours, and thought it was time to ask for help.

I'm trying to generate labels, using the labels wizard in Access 2007. I'm basing the labels on a query with name, address, city, state and zip code fields. The wizard looks fine and I am able to generate the labels, but with a small problem.

The city field is stored as a number in the table. For the query I used the Lookup tab to display a combo box with the values that correspond to the numbers. The problem is that the label report still displays the number and not the value. I thought about doing a combobox on the label report, but city, state and zip code are all concatenated to appear on one line. If I seperate them into two text boxes with the city in one, and state and zip code in the other, there is a large amount of space between the two, even if I use the trim function. Would anyone be able to give me some suggestions on the best way to fix this? Thank you!

Lively Member

Re: Access 2007 Label Report Question

I resolved this on my own. I made a custom function, using a case statement to return values for the numbers, then I called the case statement from my query. I based the label field off of the text field and now I'm getting the values instead of the numbers. Thanks all who took a look at this!