Thread: How to run .exe of OpenCV from Microsoft Visual Basic

How to run .exe of OpenCV from Microsoft Visual Basic

Hi
    I have written a program in OpenCV with VC++ and now .exe file is created and now I am going for GUI using Visual Basic but I am unable to run and link that .exe file through visual basic.
    can anyone help me please?

Regards

Aditya

Re: How to run .exe of OpenCV from Microsoft Visual Basic

Welcome to the forums....

If you want to run an EXE file from VB6, then try Shell().

Example:
    Code:
    Shell "c:\myfolder\myfile.exe", vbNormalFocus

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

I have already tried shell command..i can run normal .exe files from shell command but i am unable to run .exe files containing openCV functions from shell command.
    anybody who knows @ it?

I have already tried shell command..but i can run normal .exe files from shell command but I am unable to run the .exe file containing openCV functions..can anyone help?

Any EXE files can be opened using Shell() function. What happened when you tried it...??? Any errors ??? Are you running it in the same computer ??

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

I am getting error unknown erorr code -9() in function cvSetimageROI,.\cxarray.cpp(3465)

Quote Originally Posted by adison88 View Post
    Hi
    I have written a program in OpenCV with VC++ and now .exe file is created and now I am going for GUI using Visual Basic but I am unable to run and link that .exe file through visual basic.
    can anyone help me please?

Regards

Aditya
    I am confused...! What does this means..?? Could you explain it...???

I have created .exe file in VC++ and I can run .exe file by manually clicking on it but when I go for GUi from VB6 and use that shell command and call .exe file,it gives me error as stated above.

Does it have any dependencies..??? I mean any resource files that needs to be copied to the folder where the EXE is situated..???

Have you tried using Shell(), without copying the EXE to any other folder. For example: if your VC++ project is situated in "c:\aditya\projectvcpp\bin\myfile.exe" then using that path in Shell() function..???
    Demo:
    Code:
    Shell "c:\aditya\projectvcpp\bin\myfile.exe", vbNormalFocus

I have added all .dll files so there is no problem regarding dependancies..

Are you trying it in the same PC..??? Some dll/ocx files needs to be registered before they are used (using regsvr32). So, check that also...!

I am trying it on the same PC..

Hyperactive Member

Is your error message being generated from VB or VC++?
    Slower than a crippled Vista
    More buggy than a fresh XP install
    Look! Down the road, some 50 miles behind the drunken snail.
    It's Ubuntu!

I think that there are some compatiablity issued involved, in this project of yours!!
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...