Thread: Using ObjectListView

Using ObjectListView

Hi folks,

I have added a freshly compiled ObjectListView.DLL to my VB.NET project and I've added a ObjectListView control to my form. But, thus far I have been unable to do anything with it except make it throw exception errors of various kinds.

Does anyone here have experience with ObjectListView? If so, can I see some simple examples of how to use it using VB code? I know I'm not supposed to use it using the same syntax that ListView uses, but the documentation for this control is as well developed as MSDN's for ListView--which is to say vague to nonexistent.

Any help would be vastly appreciated. I can't use ListView because it gives me no control over row height and cell padding. Both need to be minimal, but with the defaults used by ListView, you could move in and and make a living between the entries. Too much space. I need things compact because the application I'm developing needs all the real estate it can get for other purposes.

Re: Using ObjectListView

We've decided to just use ListView and to figure out how to control the row height and the left-edge margin. Basicaly, we want to have the text within each row only a pixel or two from the top, left, and bottom of each cell (and by extension the row).

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Karen Payne MVP kareninstructor's Avatar

Have you considered a DataGridView?
    For instance to set row height

Code:
    DataGridView1.RowTemplate.Height = 8

You know what, Kevin? No. I haven't given DataGridView the time it might deserve. I'll check into this more proper like and get back to you.