Thread: Activision is pretty bad.

Hyperactive Member capsulecorpjx's Avatar

Activision is pretty bad.

They've underpaid Infinity Ward employees promising them royalties if Modern Warfare 2 does well.

Now despite MW2 doing well, they are witholding royalties.

They've fired the two studio founders, and the studio founders are suing them for breach of contract.

The new MW2 map-packs are being released for a price-gouging $15.

Activision is pretty bad, I think I'll avoid paying them any more money.
    "I like to run on treadmills, because at least I know I'm getting nowhere."
    - Me

Frenzied Member

Re: Activision is pretty bad.

Head of Activision, Bobby Kotick:
    The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games.
    Of course he tries to defend the statement as something misheard and innocuous.

Fanatic Member

After the IW fiasco I will never buy another new copy of an activision game. I'll also be waiting until the drop the map pack price down 50% (which is gonna happen in a month or so once they've pulled in all the fanboy money). EA managed to get off the hook as the bad guys in the gaming industry, they should be sending Kotick a thank you letter for taking up that role.

I hope the IW studio heads win their case, take activision for all their worth, and put a huge dent in koticks pocket. Then I hope that kotick completely ruins the MW and GH franchises and kills off any chance he has at producing a game that even comes close to having the selling power those games had. Treyarch COD games suck, 3rd person COD games are going to fail miserably, and with IW possibly being forced to make one more MW it's most likely going to be a very shoddy effort just to get out of contract with activision. So, in short, activision just screwed themselves and any hopes of maintaining a solid profit over the next few years.
    Where I'm from we only have one bit of advice for new comers: "If you hear banjos, turn and run".

VS 2008 .NetFW 2.0

PowerPoster

The mappacks are ridiculously high priced... They are more expensive than all other CoD mappacks so far (and they've been free for the PC all along), and now they are even using 2 old (CoD4) maps. They already had an old map among the originals (wasteland == brecourt).

Also, I don't even want to play the CoD4 maps anymore. The only reason I stopped playing CoD4 is because 99% of the servers was playing either Overgrown or Crash and I got sick and tired of both of them. And yes, those are the two maps coming to MW2 now... Sigh. Oh well, luckily we don't have dedicated servers so we can't get servers playing only those maps as in CoD4.