Thread: eID SDK help

Hybrid View

eID SDK help

hey,

I am trying to use the eID SDK (for using the belgian ID-card) in VB. It's supported but I can't get it to work.

I have never worked with sdk's before and can't seem to find a good tutorial on the subject. I did manage to get it to work in c++ in console but i realy need it in visual basic. Also the VB examples that come with the sdk are made in an older version of visual studio and when my version tries to convert them they don't work.

I want to use the sdk to see when a card is inserted into the reader and to read out the data. (both i got to work in c++ console)

If hope someone kan help me with this.

thanks in advance,

wieweet

Re: eID SDK help

I forgot to post the link to the site with the sdk:
    eID SDK
    but it's oanly in dutch and frensh...

Re: eID SDK help

solved it myself

if interested: you have to do 3 things to get it to work:
    -copy all files form the sdk folder's \beidlib\dotNet\bin to your project folder and add a reference to the beid35libCS.dll file
    -if you are on a 64bit machine (like me) you have to change your compiling settings -> platform to 86x (you may have to make a new platform in the configuration manager and select show advanced build options in the options dialog to be able to change it to this in the project settings)
    -build once and copy the files from the sdk folder's \beidlib\dotNet\bin to your project folder's \bin\x86\Debug
    build again and it should work!

thanks anyways,
    wieweet