Thread: Need Your Inputs in Devoping Small App

Thumbs up Need Your Inputs in Devoping Small App

Hi All,

i'm trying to automate my daily task, kindly provide me your valuable inputs, so that i can try my best to achieve this.

Scenario:
    We have UNIX box on which a cluster of 4 weblogic servers are installed.
    Whenever we need to bounce the weblogic servers , we follow below steps via putty/windows command prompt

1) telnet ip addresss
    2) enter login name
    3) enter password
    4) a message displays to confirm whether to login into server or not with two inputs Y/N ?
    5) setting a env variable.
    6) ucbps |grep -servername
    this displays list of all four managed servers running
    7) kill -9 pid's
    8) then running .sh script for starting up servers.

Instead of running all these commands , i just want to input
    IP,username,password....so the rest all completes with a single button click.

I'm myself a java programmer, with 2 years experience.
    what all the languages i need for the these , to make front gui i'm thinking of using VB script. Please let me know all per-requisite knowledge and specific concepts so that i can be equipped myself with these.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sriram

PowerPoster

Re: Need Your Inputs in Devoping Small App

There isn't anything called "VB script" so you're probably either talking about:
    • VBScript (all one word), which is meaningless without specifying its host, which might be WSH or if you want a GUI might be MSHTA. This forum doesn't discuss VBScript, there as another here for that.
    • VBA, which is also meaningless outside the context of its host, which might be a terminal emulator product or an Office application, etc. We don't do VBA here either, try the Office forum here.
    • VB (as in classic Visual Basic 4, 5, 6) which isn't "scripted" but has actual source code compiled to actual object code in the context of its own GUI widget framework based on Win32 controls.

You seem to be asking for some fairly low level conceptual information about how to do some trivial admin scripting, and this site is really more about programmers helping programmers solve programming problems. Your question might be better answered at some admin scripting forum site.

I Googled putty scripting and got a few results. Perhaps one of them can help achieve what you are trying to do. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    There isn't anything called "VB script" so you're probably either talking about:
    • VBScript (all one word), which is meaningless without specifying its host, which might be WSH or if you want a GUI might be MSHTA. This forum doesn't discuss VBScript, there as another here for that.
    • VBA, which is also meaningless outside the context of its host, which might be a terminal emulator product or an Office application, etc. We don't do VBA here either, try the Office forum here.
    • VB (as in classic Visual Basic 4, 5, 6) which isn't "scripted" but has actual source code compiled to actual object code in the context of its own GUI widget framework based on Win32 controls.

You seem to be asking for some fairly low level conceptual information about how to do some trivial admin scripting, and this site is really more about programmers helping programmers solve programming problems. Your question might be better answered at some admin scripting forum site.
    thanks a lot bro, for enlightening me with diff b/w VB, VBA, VBscript.
    we have a similar VB tool for this however i want to customize it accordingly to my needs , please let me know tools/process to decompile the form, which in in exe.

Quote Originally Posted by sgarv View Post
    I Googled putty scripting and got a few results. Perhaps one of them can help achieve what you are trying to do. Regards

thanks bro this will help me in getting some inputs.