Thread: Windows 7 & VB6 Error 50003

Frenzied Member

Windows 7 & VB6 Error 50003

Hi Peeps,

I have a large VB6 application which runs fine on all XP machines. It seems to install okay on Windows 7 but when I try to run my application I get error 50003. I don't have a clue what this error means; I have googled it and some say it's a problem with OCX version but why do I not get this problem on XP. My development machine is fully SP updated.

Thanks for any help,

Jiggy!

Re: Windows 7 & VB6 Error 50003

This is just suggestion but I have found several sites hinting at a resolution problem. Try changing the system display settings such as reducing the number of bits for colour as see if that helps.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

Re: Windows 7 & VB6 Error 50003

When an unhandled exception dialog pops up you can type Ctrl-C to copy it to the clipboard. Pasting such here might give a little more info. Example:
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Project1
    Run-time error '11':

Division by zero
    OK