Thread: reOrderable DnD listview / listbox

Hybrid View

reOrderable DnD listview / listbox

Here's my reOrderable DnD listview / listbox. The extended listview is a modified version of an example written by someone else (I don't remember who). The listbox is my attempt to recreate that functionality for the listbox control. Written in vb2005:

edit: added cursor effects 12/2/2010

edit: updated. thanks to JuggaloBrotha for the advice. see post #6 for latest version

Re: reOrderable DnD listview / listbox

Now the ListBox I hadn't gotten to yet, but a couple of days ago I'd made his example ListView not only a vb.net control but I also added a couple of properties and events to it.

Just a few hours ago I'd gotten around to making a CodeBank submission: ListView Move Item with Mouse

I was even nice enough to give the guy the deserved credit with a link to his CodeProject article.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Quote Originally Posted by JuggaloBrotha View Post
    Now the ListBox I hadn't gotten to yet, but a couple of days ago I'd made his example ListView not only a vb.net control but I also added a couple of properties and events to it.

I was even nice enough to give the guy the deserved credit with a link to his CodeProject article.
    I downloaded the original c# project years ago + couldn't remember where I got it. My version is an optimized trimmed down version. The listbox is my own.

Yea, your ListBox code is basically a tweaked copy of the ListView code, so giving the original guy credit should be done for that too.

I just wanted to point out how odd it was that I happened to have gotten to making a CodeBank submisstion with it being an inherited control (I did some code optimization and added ternary to it too) then an hour later someone in the vb.net Gen section posted asking how to do it with a ListBox then a few hours later you post it all here in CodeBank.
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Quote Originally Posted by JuggaloBrotha View Post
    Yea, your ListBox code is basically a tweaked copy of the ListView code, so giving the original guy credit should be done for that too.
    ok. credit where credits due.
    but you should also give credit to Bill Gates for writing Windows, IBM for creating the PC, and Alan Turing for conceiving of the computer, without who, none of this would've been possible.

24/2/10
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by .paul.; Feb 24th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.