Thread: [VB6]Video Game Button Configuration Form.

Fanatic Member

Cool [VB6]Video Game Button Configuration Form.

Want the people who play your game/program to be able to set what keys they can use? Use this Button Configuration form in your project, and module, for the set keys! You want to put in your main Form1_Load() what all the variables by default would equal, or at the beginning have them set them. In the code you would write, you would just the the variable in the (). Like if you want the a button to set off something, u would write:
    Code:
    If GetAsyncKeyState(A) <> 0 then
    ' do whatever
    End If
    its that easy! there is the possible of all the letter keys, number pad numbers, home row numbers, space bar, enter, shift, tab, and the up, down, left and right arrow keys. I wanted to leave the others open in case of someone wanted the keys for menu items. Well, here it is!

Updated:
    Made it to where on load, it shows the ones that are default. Helps make it look nicer. =D
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gamemaster1494; Jul 9th, 2010 at 01:10 AM.
    Rate my post if i helped you!

Button Configuration Control For VB6 GetAsyncKeyState
    I'm the 7th best high school programmer in the nation!(according to SkillsUSA Nationals)(Used C#.Net)

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: Keyboard Keys Button Configuration form and moduel for the GetAsyncKeyState funct

Moved To Games Programming Codebank

Fanatic Member

Re: Keyboard Keys Button Configuration form and moduel for the GetAsyncKeyState funct

Thank you for moving.
    Rate my post if i helped you!

Button Configuration Control For VB6 GetAsyncKeyState
    I'm the 7th best high school programmer in the nation!(according to SkillsUSA Nationals)(Used C#.Net)