Thread: Stop Calculating Worksheet or Stop Updating UserForm TextBox when Hyperlink is Opened

Stop Calculating Worksheet or Stop Updating UserForm TextBox when Hyperlink is Opened

I have a UserForm that contains a textbox linking its contents to a cell in my worksheet. The cell in the worksheet contains a formula that counts the number of rows displayed in my worksheet. This way,when I filter on my data, it will tell me how many rows are being displayed with a specific filter applied.

Below is the code (thanks to Koolsid) that updates my UserForm's textbox whenever the worksheet calculates:

Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
        UserForm1.TextBox8.Value = Sheets("OJTDatabase").Range("T12").Value
    End Sub
    The only problem with this is that I have hyperlinks in my worksheet. These hyperlinks are to other spreadsheets. So, when you click on one, you're looking at a new worksheet. Unfortunately, I then get this error:Name:  Run-time-Error-9.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  8.1 KB

When I click debug, it highlights and sends me right to the code pasted above. Is there a way that I can keep the worksheet from calculating when a hyperlink is opened? Normally, I want the worksheet to calculate whenever something happens, so I don't want to switch calculation to Manual.

If that's not possible, is there a way that I can keep the textboxes from being updated when a hyperlink is clicked? I mostly want the textboxes to update whenever the data gets filtered. Is it possible to only update the textboxes on a Filter process of some sort?

Re: Stop Calculating Worksheet or Stop Updating UserForm TextBox when Hyperlink is Op

Nevermind, I found a workaround. I just put
    Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
        UserForm1.TextBox8.Value = Sheets("OJTDatabase").Range("T12").Value
    End Sub
    into a macro that does my filtering for me, and it works well enough...