Thread: [RESOLVED] SQL connection in ME Blend 3

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] SQL connection in ME Blend 3

Let's say that i want to upload a video in a UI that i created and wanted it to store in my SQL server, Is this possible with ME Blend3? i really like the Look and feel of blend so i hope that this is possible. Cheers!

Re: SQL connection in ME Blend 3

Check out this uploader control with source code on codeplex - http://www.codeplex.com/SilverlightFileUpld
    Once you upload the file/video you can run a process to import it into your db if so desired.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Addicted Member

Dude, tnx for the reply is there anyway i can upload a file for example a .wmv file and it will automatically be converted into a .avi file? can you point me in the right direction? i want to use all of this within the silverlight.

You can use the opensource applicaiton ffmpeg to convert from one souce to another. You would just need to install the proper codecs along with the utility, shell it out as a background process or a batch process to convert multiple files.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Addicted Member

Tnx i will keep this in mind.