Thread: Asynchronous File Downloading Queue System

Threaded View

Asynchronous File Downloading Queue System

Update (1/16/2010): Rewrote the entire thing cause I wasn't satisfied with the use of Queue. I had no real control over it and couldn't really do much other than dequeue, enqueue, and peek at the list. So I changed everything. I also fully commented it this time, and ended up creating a Structure for the Download Items.

Update (3/3/2010): Added in a few new items here and there. Included Transfer Rate calculations (in kilobytes per second, rounded to two decimal places). The code is attached because it's to long for this post.

Update (3/19/2010): Fixed the transfer rate calculations so they actually work properly. Added in a few properties to easily remove items and some more events so you know when a file is added.

Update (5/13/2010): Applied DJ PIP's fix to the speed calculations (you can see his post down below if you don't want to redownload the file).

Update (7/18/2010): Adding the beta ASQS to this post now. I did a major rework on the events, so it will break existing implementations of this class (sorry djpip). I changed them to look similar to the framework (ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As someargtype), so all data is now grouped in a single structure for each event rather than a long signature for each event. This also means you can Override three new subs:
    OnProgressChange, OnFileCompletion, and OnFileError. I do plan to add in more events as I work on this guy some more to flush him out and give him a few more features. I also did a few bug fixes here and there as well as some code changes.

Update (10/21/2010): Added a trashy Demo App that I'm gonna work on some more. Threw it together real fast due to get an example out and cause I'm low on time.

Questions, comments, and criticism are welcome.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by formlesstree4; Oct 21st, 2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Update 3