Thread: VB6 - IRC server complete source code

VB6 - IRC server complete source code

this is some software that i put together earlier this year. complete IRC server, other than being able to link with another server. it's missing that. there are a built-in nickserv and chanserv. they're simplistic but do what they need to do just fine. there are probably some bugs in there, but it seems to run very smoothly.

there is no visual interface at all after you start it, the process remains completely hidden as of now. to kill it you'll either have to issue the /DIE command from an IRC client after logging in with administrator rights using the /OPER command, or just kill the process in task manager.

all passwords in the ircd.conf file must be in the form of an MD5 hash for security. passwords in the nick and chanserv db files are also stored as hashes. this is for security. i hate clear-text passwords.

use the included MD5HASH.EXE file to generate them when modifying ircd.conf

included in the ZIP file is the complete source project, along with a compiled exec, sample config files, plus mswinsck.ocx and vbvm60.dll

have fun!

EDIT: just use this to generate your MD5 password hashes for ircd.conf - http://md5-hash-online.waraxe.us/
    you'll have to capitalize letters in it's output though.

direct link: Link Removed By Mod
    EDIT: oops, if you downloaded the ZIP before i made this edit, you should re-download it. i accidentally uploaded an older version with no chanserv at first. the latest version is now at the above URL.

another edit, i just fixed a bug where the program may have been looking only in c:\rockwork for data files. the WorkDir variable is now set to "..\" which works when the data files are in the parent directory of the "source" folder like in the ZIP. if you compile, you'll want to change that to ".\" ... so yeah if anybody cares, go ahead and download the newly attached zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by miker00lz; Jan 18th, 2010 at 04:17 PM.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Re: VB6 - IRC server complete source code

In accordance with this CodeBank policy regarding attachments, I downloaded your zip file, removed all compiled code, removed the external link to the zip file, and have attached a zip file with your source code only.

Please post only source code in any CodeBank attachment.

Thank you.

i apologize, Hack. i should have read the rules first. in that case, i'll post the code up for the MD5 hasher utility in a few minutes too. only the MD5HASH.EXE binary was in the ZIP before. it's required for generating proper hashes to put in the ircd.conf for oper lines and similar.

using mkpasswd -Hmd5 in linux SHOULD produce compatible password hashes, but i haven't tried it.

edit: i did try it, it's not compatible. sorry i have to re-write the md5hash program i lost the original source thats why i havent posted yet.
    Last edited by miker00lz; Jan 16th, 2010 at 04:01 PM.

added link to generate MD5 hashes for ircd.conf passwords.

http://md5-hash-online.waraxe.us/

you have to capitalize it's output on the letters though.

Hey, can you tell a code how i can ban others when they say stupid words or something? So i mean can you tell Ban code and where i put it?

THX

Quote Originally Posted by CYB3R View Post
    Hey, can you tell a code how i can ban others when they say stupid words or something? So i mean can you tell Ban code and where i put it?

THX
    it's possible, you're basically asking for a spamfilter implementation like unrealircd has. it's not too complicated to code, but an easier and quicker way to get the results you want is to just write a small script for mIRC that automatically kickbans if somebody says a certain word or words.

each word you want would only take 1 line of scripting.

Runtime error 53, file not found, doesnt seem to work at all and when doing a debug, the vb6 app just crashes.