dcsimg

Thread: Importing mdf, ldf files into MySQL

Importing mdf, ldf files into MySQL

Hi all,

I have an mdf and ldf files from an Sql Server database that I want to import to MySQL. I'm not sure if it's possible (I really thought it'd be easy). I've looked around online and I don't seem to find any tools.
    "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me... Superman!" - Homer Simpson
    My Blog

Re: Importing mdf, ldf files into MySQL

Ok, I came across replication and mirroring. If it'd be much better if I can replicate or mirror data from the Sql Server to the MySQL Server. If this is possible, any links or help would be really appreciated.
    "I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, save me... Superman!" - Homer Simpson
    My Blog

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/...microsoft.html

Lots of good info in that link. But this section is what your really after...
    Excerpt:
    "There are a wide variety of tools available to help you migrate a SQL Server or Access database to MySQL. We'll look at several different tools so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. The tools we will look at will include the following:

MSSQL2MYSQL
    Microsoft DTS
    SQLyog
    Access Export
    Text Import/Export
    SQLYog and the Microsoft DTS wizard offer graphical interfaces that can be used with both MSSQL and Microsoft Access to import tables into MySQL. MSSQL2MYSQL is a script by Michael Kofler that can convert not only the table structure and data, but converts the index information as well. If you use Microsoft Access you may not have access to the above tools, but you can use the data export features of Access." etc etc.

I've read that thanks but I think Mirroring / Replication would work better for my scenario
    My Blog