Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Flickering Buttons: How Do I Get Rid Of Them?

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Re: Flickering Buttons: How Do I Get Rid Of Them?

Quote Originally Posted by JonSea31 View Post
    ...I have consolidated all the gameplay elements onto one form. This will really make things easier instead of having so many different forms....
    Good idea. Sounds really familiar

Fanatic Member

I'm reviving this thread after more than 4 months of inactivity.

I am in the process of redoing the coding from scratch, but this time keeping the game simple. Plus I am using UserControl controls instead of image boxes, so that there would be no flickering of the GIF images whatsoever.

But one roadblock prevails: When I play the Money Cards, sometimes there could be intermittent problems with displaying the right cards in the right slot, as well as sometimes not displaying the card at all, and the BigBetWin procedure may repeat itself. But the problem is only with the Money Cards thus far. Everything else is perfect.

I can gladly send you the updated folder and you could do several test runs and see what can be done to correct the problems if you'd like, Marty.

I may be misreading your post but you seem to be saying that you want to correct a couple of problems with the current code but then you are going to rewrite the program from scratch. If that's the case wouldn't that be a waste of both our times?

Fanatic Member

But it is only because I discovered how to use UserControl controls in recent months and how they can avoid flickering of transparent GIF images.

I also had decided to use close-ups of cards being revealed, but maybe that might not be necessary at all. I wanted to make the game appear to be like the game show or close to it if possible.

I'm willing to help you fix the problem but what I want is a reproducible problem. In other words I'd like you to set up the project to deal specific cards (I showed you how to do that some time back) that cause a problem so that testing can be repeated any number of times with the same cards. Along with that I need step by step higher/lower instructions and what the program should be doing versus what it is doing.

Fanatic Member

Thanks, Martin, but I got the cards all figured out. I'm pretty well on my way to completing the project hopefully soon.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910