Thread: [RESOLVED] vmware workstation... Firewire support?

Resolved [RESOLVED] vmware workstation... Firewire support?

not to get into too big of a detail, but i have a Formac Studio DVR (tv tuner/radio tuner/composite in or out/svideo input or out) which is a (allegedly) Mac-only device although i have some functionality in windows (composite in and out only). It's a firewire device and my Imac uses snow leopard, but so far the OS doesn't have drivers released for my device. Leopard drivers and software won't even install (it seems that one of the ways snow leopard trimmed the fat was removing support for "classic mode" which the software uses for display... think OS9. ) However Leopard drivers do exist and i would like to install leopard in a vm and attempt to see if the functionality would work this way. The simple question is this: Does the virtual machine have firewire support?
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Re: vmware workstation... Firewire support?

Not sure if this would help?

According to Wikipedia, VMWare Workstation doesn't directly support Firewire.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: vmware workstation... Firewire support?

ok thanks. Looks like i'll be waiting for the driver then, however long THAT takes. It's already two weeks past the promised date. And other products they have they have released "beta" drivers which quit working on dec 1st. I probably have that to look forward to as well.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell