Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cant figure out how to use keys, any ideas?

Re: Cant figure out how to use keys, any ideas?

Cool video! Nice to see the end result . Where did you get that RC car and the thing connected to your laptop?

I picked up the rc car in Argos when I was younger, it's just a normal rc car. The other thing is a velleman k8055 usb interface board, I got that in maplin during the summer and put it together, it's a handy wee thing especially if your going for a type of robotics thing

Quote Originally Posted by ozirock View Post
    I picked up the rc car in Argos when I was younger, it's just a normal rc car. The other thing is a velleman k8055 usb interface board, I got that in maplin during the summer and put it together, it's a handy wee thing especially if your going for a type of robotics thing
    Hi i've a K8055 and am interested how you interfaced the cars RC transmitter to the outputs, have you a circuit diagram of how you did it thanks.

Connect + to + and - to -

Just joking :P. I have no idea how this works. Really interested in it though. Last night I was thinking of all the possibilities. You could make a program to just turn on and off lights in your home from somewhere else using the internet, start up your computer, turn on the tv, turn on the water boiler or the coffee machine! Or develop some kind of energy saving application where you can set when you want the lights to turn on and off etc...

Coool.

I'm intending to hook the controller to this RC Amphibious tanks RC's transmitter I've just got from Maplins.
    Then I'm going to mount a wireless spycam onto the turret and connect it to my PC's video input and then hopefully create a web based interface to control it over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalioz View Post
    You could make a program to just turn on and off lights in your home from somewhere else using the internet, start up your computer, turn on the tv, turn on the water boiler or the coffee machine!
    Coool.
    To power light on and off you would use the usb board to switch relays, the relays would be capable of channeling mains electricity. The board wouldn't be up to that on is own but it is possible.

[QUOTE=gonzalioz;3654820]
    Then I'm going to mount a wireless spycam onto the turret and connect it to my PC's video input
    [QUOTE]

Yes I want to put a wireless camera on my car too and see what happens

I'll post a picture of inside my controller soon, I might not get a chance tonight but I'll do it ass soon as I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12