Thread: System Tray Icon Color Changing when using Remote Desktop

Hyperactive Member Hassan Basri's Avatar

System Tray Icon Color Changing when using Remote Desktop

Hello everybody,

I have an application that puts an icon in the system tray. Everything works good. I noticed however that when I connect to the desktop using remote desktop the colors of the icons are off i.e. whites in the icon become light blue etc... If I close the application and reopen it in the remote desktop session the colors of the icon become correct.

Is there any way of knowing when somebody has connected using remote desktop and then I will know to recreate the system tray icon? I found this windows message that I can use but it is only for XP and above.

WM_WTSSESSION_CHANGE
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=465377

Or is there a better way of fixing this problem then the technique described above? Thanks for any assistance.

Hyperactive Member Hassan Basri's Avatar

Re: System Tray Icon Color Changing when using Remote Desktop

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoBull View Post
    Remote desktop software may not support color depth of your iscon - if you're using MS RD then under Options/Display check what colors are currently set vs colors of your icon.
    Thanks for the reply RhinoBull, however the color depth of my icons are 256 colors. Also when I close the application and open it again, the icons are the correct color. So I know they can be displayed correctly.