Thread: Is Win7 as annoying as Vista ??

Hyperactive Member

Exclamation Is Win7 as annoying as Vista ??

I noticed that Vista asks multiple confirmations for almost anything, for example whe you plug in an USB memory.
    It's very annoying and wastes a lot of time.
    I hope Win7 is not like that.

Re: Is Win7 as annoying as Vista ??

Yeah, Vista even asks before it ***** itself! I'm not familiar with the working of Win7, I have only used the RC.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

You can always turn off the UAC in Vista. Tehn you can do damage without having any safty net

So there is no real answer as both are great!
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

The UAC in Win7 is much better and you can turn it's annoyance down a little as needed, unlike vista where it's either on or off
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Yea, the UAC for Windows 7 is much nicer. For example, you can turn it off only for actions you are physically performing and only alert you if another program is doing something. Thus, I don't get bothered anymore when I go into the control panel to change something.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

the one annoyance i have in both is the sheer number of times i have to clock "allow" to run a downloaded program. First IE blocks the download, then it smartscreens it and asks for a confirm download. after download it asks for a confirm to run. Then it asks again to confirm to install it!. I miss dos.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

I hate it when people bash Vista for UAC - YOU CAN TURN IT OFF! Yes its less secure if you do, but then its still more secure than XP (the most perfect OS in the world) so thats hardly an excuse.

Anyway, as others have said, the UAC in Windows 7 is much less intrusive. I have just installed Windows 7 and I didnt think UAC was turned on because I didnt get any UAC prompts for changing various things in Control Panel It still prompts me when I try to install something but thats not a big deal... I might actually leave it turned on.
    My free .NET Windows API library (Version 2.2 Released 12/06/2011)

Blog: cjwdev.wordpress.com
    Web: www.cjwdev.co.uk

win 7 auto-elevates some options for administrator. This is one of them.

I'm on vista right now and have UAC turned on. My laptop that i game on though i have never seen the issues like these i have: It will not play sound in one game unless it's ran as admin and another one it won't save joystick settings.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Quote Originally Posted by chris128 View Post
    I hate it when people bash Vista for UAC - YOU CAN TURN IT OFF! Yes its less secure if you do, but then its still more secure than XP (the most perfect OS in the world) so thats hardly an excuse.

Anyway, as others have said, the UAC in Windows 7 is much less intrusive. I have just installed Windows 7 and I didnt think UAC was turned on because I didnt get any UAC prompts for changing various things in Control Panel It still prompts me when I try to install something but thats not a big deal... I might actually leave it turned on.
    TOTALLY AGREE!!!
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6