Thread: Adverts top right

Adverts top right

Hi,

Usually I dont mind the ads in the top right. However there is a flash/adobe file of a google spinning thing which knackers in the processing on the machine. The options to play once are disabled and it loops again slowwing the machine each time more and more.

Do you vet the adverts? Has any one else had this.

Admittedly this is on the works machine and they aren't top spec. But it does take 100% processor. Perhaps it needs a tweak so as to play a video capture instead of calculating...

Other than that - forums seem great. Well done all.

BOFH Now, BOFH Past, Information on duplicates

Feeling like a fly on the inside of a closed window (Thunk!)
    If I post a lot, it is because I am bored at work! ;D Or stuck...
    * Anything I post can be only my opinion. Advice etc is up to you to persue...

Re: Adverts top right

Next time the ad is displayed for you, can you capture the source code of the page and post it to this thread? That will help us make sure we identify the right ad.

Joe can then give this to our ad people.

As to vetting ads, most are coming from ad agencies we work with and often delivered from their servers direct. As such, we don't always have the ability to directly vet them. When there is an issue, however, we have the ability to stop them until they are fixed if necessary.

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------