Thread: [RESOLVED] how to resolve"run-time error 20728 F"

Resolved [RESOLVED] how to resolve"run-time error 20728 F"

Hello,
    Please .... Does someone can tell me how to solve the error: "Run-time error 20728 F
    I develop a small application with vb 6.0 and crystal report 8.5, it works very well with my windows vista basic, yet when I put my application on windows xp sp / 2, whenever I run a report, the application generates the error run-time errror 20,728 F
    If someone can help me deal with this Probem, I would be very grateful!!
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Hack; Sep 15th, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

Frenzied Member

Re: how to resolve"run-time error 20728 F"

To help us help you wee need the err.description but from what you said it sounds like you need to create an installable package. Also the basics of VB installations is that you use the lowest common denominator for the OS. Which means if you want the program to run on 2k, xp, vista, 7 then you need to compile in a 2k box.

Good Luck
    Option Explicit should not be an Option!

Your reflection seems fair. However, I have already compiled the project on windows xp sp / 2, it always generates the error: "Run-Time Error 20728 F

Frenzied Member

Did you create and installable package?
    Option Explicit should not be an Option!

No. I didn't. I Just created an executable file. When I copy my project folder from windows vista basic to windows xp/sp 2, it didn't work. I received the same error"20728 F". I think that i need some dll or ocx file to make it work

That would be the problem then... find out why you need an installation in the article Why doesn't my program work on another computer? from our Classic VB FAQs (in the FAQ forum)

To create an installation package you need to use a program like P&DW that comes with VB, or one of the many other tools available. There are links to downloads and documentation in our Application Deployment FAQ.

I still can not understand why it doesn't work. However I found the solution, preferably using the crystal report viewer. Thank you for all your supports.

Hi everyone!
    I develop an application in vb6.0 and mysql
    I try to make a query: (Where TableName.Date Between #" & date1 & "# And #" & date2 & "# )this works with MS Access. But it does not work with Mysql.

So if anybody knows how to do it, I'm very happy to learn that.

Thank you in advance!

That question does not belong in this thread, because it is not directly related to what you asked in the first post - so please create a new thread for it.

For that particular question, the place to ask is our Database Development forum

Also, if your original question is solved, could you please do us a little favour, and mark the thread as Resolved?
    (this saves time reading for those of us who like to answer questions, and also helps those who search to find answers)

You can do it by clicking on "Thread tools" just above the first post in this thread, then "Mark thread resolved". (like various other features of this site, you need JavaScript enabled in your browser for this to work).

I am also struggle with same problem

please give the link for download the Crystal Report Viewer