Thread: VB6 Microsoft Calendar Control

Addicted Member

VB6 Microsoft Calendar Control

Hey people,

Iv just added a calendar control onto one of my forms.
    What im needing it to do is:
    When someone clicks on a date, it will allow information to be inputed into that date via either a text box or input box (doesnt matter which)
    Then, the user is able to save all changes to a Microsoft access database.
    When the form is loaded, I want all the information to be loaded back up into its repsective date showing a little of the information, then when clicked, will bring up a message box or form with the rest of the info.

Thanks!
    Jessee

Re: VB6 Microsoft Calendar Control

Don't use the "Microsoft Calendar Control" if you have any choice - it is not supported for use in VB so it has erratic behaviour (which varies on different machines), and you aren't allowed to distribute it either.

For more information on that, and some alternative controls, see the article What controls can I use to input a date/time? from our Classic VB FAQs (in the FAQ forum)

If you don't know how to work with databases, see the articles in our Database Development FAQs/Tutorials (at the top of the Database Development forum)

You should be able to work out everything else, or at least make a reasonable start.

Re: VB6 Microsoft Calendar Control

Here's a date picker that I like. It is self-subclassing so no OCX is needed

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...61001&lngWId=1