Thread: Block Smash - XNA (Source, Project and Setup)

Block Smash - XNA (Source, Project and Setup)

Info
    ----

Thought I would share this as it is my first game that I have created using the XNA framework. This may be of help for anyone who is looking to learn XNA as I have commented as much of the code as possible.

Game Description
    -----------------

Block Smash is an arcade style game. The aim of the game is to clear the blocks on the board by getting three of the same colour block in a horizontal or vertical row. For each level you get a fixed amount of blocks to use. If you run out of blocks and the board is not clear then you can reset and try again.

All graphics are created in Photoshop.

Files
    ----

Had to upload files on mega upload as it exceeds the forums limit:

Setup File

Project File

Source Code

Please let me know what you think as a lot of time and effort went into this.

Credits go to Jenner on this as I have had a great deal of help.

Screen Shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Block Smash - XNA (Source, Project and Setup)

Grats on finishing it up! XNA is pretty slick once you get the hang of it. I'm building my third project in it, a space exploration style game in the style of Starflight and Ironseed. Keep up the awesome work!
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein