Thread: ip calculator in vb6

ip calculator in vb6

i'm planning on creating an ip calculator in vb6.. anyone knows where to start?

how can i set the textbox like this? when i input 123456789123..ot will auto format like this 123.456.789.123?

Re: ip calculator in vb6

That's so simple buddy, try to use String Function to achieve the same.

Quote Originally Posted by arithforu View Post
    That's so simple buddy, try to use String Function to achieve the same.
    arithforu, that is that an example of being helpful?

toki, I did it this way but I'm sure there are others. The Format function, found in the library, might be more to your liking.

Code:
    Option Explicit

Private Sub Text1_Change()
       Static i As Integer
          i = i + 1
          If i = 3 Then
             Text1.Text = Text1.Text & "."
              i = 0
             Text1.SelStart = Len(Text1.Text)
          End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by CDRIVE; Sep 7th, 2009 at 10:56 PM.
    <--- Did someone help you? Please rate their post. The little green squares make us feel really smart!
    If topic has been resolved, please pull down the Thread Tools & mark it Resolved.

Is VB consuming your life, and is that a bad thing??

toki,

Are you using to different versions of Visual Basic? In your other thread you posted you were using Visual Basic 2013 but now you say you are using VB6!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

@NW: The question dates back to 2009!

PowerPoster

Now that's funny

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    @NW: The question dates back to 2009!
    I was think he was a newly registered user and was searching through his post threads. Although, it doesn't explain why in his new thread he thinks VB6 and Visual Basic 2003 are the same product.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

PowerPoster

How do you post back in 09 with a count of 10 and then post again yesterday and still have a count of 10? Are your posts not incremented each time you post? (I know they are not if you post one after another in the same thread within a certain time frame)
    Last edited by jmsrickland; Aug 21st, 2014 at 02:48 AM.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    I was think he was a newly registered user and was searching through his post threads. Although, it doesn't explain why in his new thread he thinks VB6 and Visual Basic 2003 are the same product.
    That doesn't make any sense. You had to be the one that went and got this old thread so how could you be thinking he was a new user and was searching through his post threads before you got this thread out of the past?

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. You had to be the one that went and got this old thread so how could you be thinking he was a new user and was searching through his post threads before you got this thread out of the past?
    Well given that he only has 10 posts and he think VB6 and Visual Basic 2013 are the same thing.

PowerPoster

That still doesn't make any sense.

PowerPoster

How do you post back in 09 with a count of 10 and then post again yesterday and still have a count of 10? Are your posts not incremented each time you post? (I know they are not if you post one after another in the same thread within a certain time frame)
    The post count shows the total number of posts the user has made, not the number he had at the time of the post all of your posts will have the same number on them and that number will change every time you make a post. Just look at your posts in this thread for confirmation.

PowerPoster

I have four prior posts and all say 9032 before I post this one. So, they are not being incremented but I already stated that but when you have two posts that are far from each other the count should go up

PowerPoster

All the posts by you in this thread show 9,038 at the moment. When you post anywhere again those numbers will change.

It is the total post count, if you type a post and don;t see those numbers change it just means it hasn't refreshed yet, they will in fact change and always do.

PowerPoster

I know all of that, DM, but I don't think that is the question I am asking. I can see they increment no matter where I post and they go up but they don't stay the same. So if OP here had a count of 10 back in 09 (that's what it was when I first asked the question) and he posted again a day or so ago why didn't his count go up to at least 11 but it didn't; it stayed at 10. Now it looks like he has made two more posts since I asked the question back in post 8 but it was still 10 at that time and I know he had made a post just a day ago and it didn't change his count. My question is why didn't it get incremented to 11 at that time

I know all of that, DM, but I don't think that is the question I am asking. I can see they increment no matter where I post and they go up but they don't stay the same. So if OP here had a count of 10 back in 09 (that's what it was when I first asked the question) and he posted again a day or so ago why didn't his count go up to at least 11 but it didn't; it stayed at 10. Now it looks like he has made two more posts since I asked the question back in post 8 but it was still 10 at that time and I know he had made a post just a day ago and it didn't change his count. My question is why didn't it get incremented to 11 at that time
    I know from posts I have my in my own threads that the post count reflected in the first post does not get refreshed to reflected the current post count until you refresh the page.

PowerPoster

And if you look at the first post in this thread it now shows he has 13 posts. If you look at the profile page it shows that 7 of those 13 were this year so at the time of that actual post he had at most 6 posts total and possibly could have even been his first post.