Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [.NET 2.0+] Visual Studios "My Project" Tab Control (Updated! 12/9/2009)

Re: [.NET 2.0+] Visual Studios "My Project" Tab Control (Updated! 12/9/2009)

Quote Originally Posted by gonks View Post
    ForumAccount you really are amazing! I'm using your tabcontrol as a user control from a c# project and it really rocks!

I'd like to know if there's a way of selecting a tabpage programatically, since asigning the SelectedTabPage or SelectedIndex properties doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for sharing such a useful control!
    How can I use the Vb-File in a C# project? I got a C# Project but can't figure out how to use the file...

Stack Overflow mod​erator

Quote Originally Posted by crazym1ke View Post
    How can I use the Vb-File in a C# project? I got a C# Project but can't figure out how to use the file...
    You can either compile it into an assembly and reference that, or you can convert it.

i hope ForumAccount still here his great tabcontrol was the reason i knew about this great forum ,so if you still here could you please add 'right to left' property to the tabcontrol , or if someone know how to do it please help me

I'm having really hard time with this VSTabControl and C#.
    I've tried to convert it to .cs and use that file as specified with instructions but with no success!
    Could someone explain me how to compile it into an assembly and reference that?

This is really awesome... but I don't how to apply those class I download in my code T_T... I create a new just to see if I can do it...

I create a new windows form application and create a new class(with those I downloaded) ... But sadly I fail... (sigh) is there any instruction how to apply those class?...

(edit)

I already solved my problem... thanks for this... I will credit you sir on my project... )
    Last edited by chrisTemper; Feb 23rd, 2014 at 11:03 PM.

ForumAccount,

Downloaded and tested your control today. Awesome work!
    Arve K.

Please mark your thread as resolved and add reputation to those who helped you solve your problem
    Disclaimer: I am not a professional programmer

Hi, I really like your VSTabControl. It represent exactly what i am looking for. I've tested it in a vb project and it works fine for me.
    There is just one issue for me ( a big one). I am now working in a C# project and i want to know how to do to use this vb component in a c# project.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccount View Post
    Updated the control so that the tab's heights could be changed. This is all done through the Inflation property. TabWidthInflation property has been removed.

Also fixed a couple bugs and glitches having to do with resizing and proper component selection from the designer.

See screenshot.
    Why won't this .vb file download when clicked on. If I try to download the file is attachment.php

Quote Originally Posted by dannycal View Post
    Why won't this .vb file download when clicked on. If I try to download the file is attachment.php
    I believe there is some trouble with your internet connection or probably some problem with VBF servers (but am not experiencing any issues while downloading it).

So, try again after some time.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Frenzied Member

Love this control, but when I try to make the whole thing transparent like it shows in the first post, it gets really weird on me and labels from the other tabs start to bleed through. did i miss an easy step? I also can't see how to make the tabs transparent.

oh an dhow do you call a specific tab?

FrmMain.VisualStudioTabControl1.SelectTab(5)

doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by phpman View Post
    Love this control, but when I try to make the whole thing transparent like it shows in the first post, it gets really weird on me and labels from the other tabs start to bleed through. did i miss an easy step? I also can't see how to make the tabs transparent.

oh an dhow do you call a specific tab?

FrmMain.VisualStudioTabControl1.SelectTab(5)

doesn't work
    The way I select a specific tab in code is:
    vb Code:
    1. VsTabControl1.SelectedTabPage = SpecifcVisualStudiosTabPage
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All Threads • Colors ComboBox • Fading & Gradient Form • MoveItemListBox/MoveItemListView • MultilineListBox • MenuButton • ToolStripCheckBox • Start with Windows

Frenzied Member

Thanks JuggalBrotha, but it still doesn't like anything after the = sign

vb Code:
    1. FrmMain.VisualStudioTabControl1.SelectedTabPage = VisualStudiosTabPage6
    2. FrmMain.VisualStudioTabControl1.SelectedTabPage = "NameofTab"
    Last edited by phpman; Feb 9th, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

vb Code:
    I'm unable to replicate this, setting the SelectedTabPage property to the TabPage object itself works for me in both VS2008 (Targeting .Net 2.0) and VS2010 (Targeting .Net 4.0)

CodeBank: All Threads • Colors ComboBox • Fading & Gradient Form • MoveItemListBox/MoveItemListView • MultilineListBox • MenuButton • ToolStripCheckBox • Start with Windows

vb Code:
    2. FrmMain.VisualStudioTabControl1.SelectedTabPage = "NameofTab"
    If it doesn't like it, then it must be giving you an error, right? What's the error message?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Frenzied Member

Sorry guys, error is:

VisualStudioTabPage6 is not declared. It maybe inaccessible due to its protection level.

Also, I can not see it in general drop down. I see VisualStudioTabControl1 but no tabs.

running VS2013 Express and .NET 4.5.1

Frenzied Member

Just a heads up, I can call the tabpage just fine from the main form, FrmMain, just not from any other file

Sorry guys, error is:

VisualStudioTabPage6 is not declared. It maybe inaccessible due to its protection level.

Also, I can not see it in general drop down. I see VisualStudioTabControl1 but no tabs.

running VS2013 Express and .NET 4.5.1
    You have a scope issue, what I would recommend is you create an Enum for each of the tab pages on the form (set the Enum to Friend or Public), then create a function (friend or public) for changing the tabpage with the enum as a parameter. In the function you use the enum to set the tab page.

Frenzied Member

Thanks JuggaloBrother, but please forgive me ignorance. I know how to setup a enum, but I am not understanding how to use the enum to set the tabpage. have an example that would be great.

Thanks JuggaloBrother, but please forgive me ignorance. I know how to setup a enum, but I am not understanding how to use the enum to set the tabpage. have an example that would be great.
    In the function you make to set the tab page you do a select case on the enum variable (or a bunch of If.. ElseIf's) and set the corresponding TabPage in that Case (or in the ElseIf).

1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some

My changes

Ok ... here is my version ...

VisualStudiosTabControl.vb

• I fixed the tab re-ordering thing ... I see that the poster tried to do this ... but they rely on tab names to do the ordering ... instead of the objects themselves, so if you dynamically add the tabs the tabs were still being incorrectly re-ordered
    • Uses windows color schemes (don't know why so many people want to make their own up!)
    • SelectedTabChanging event added with the option to cancel the change
    • Removed the TabTipInnerColor as I think it is pointless
    • Changed the tip and "hover border" rendering

Kris

Thanks for this control. It is just what I needed.

Hi!

I downloaded the VisualStudioTabControl.vb, added it to my project, added the System.Design reference and rebuilt but I can't fint it in the Toolbox.
    I also get these three errors:
    1 Type 'Dictionary' is not defined.
    2 'element' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.
    3 Type 'List' is not defined.

Any ideas?
    I use VS2012

/Anders

Quote Originally Posted by Felten View Post
    Hi!

I downloaded the VisualStudioTabControl.vb, added it to my project, added the System.Design reference and rebuilt but I can't fint it in the Toolbox.
    I also get these three errors:
    1 Type 'Dictionary' is not defined.
    2 'element' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.
    3 Type 'List' is not defined.

/Anders
    You may need to add a reference to 'System.Collections.Generic'.

Can the tabs direction changed to the right of the tabpages?

Lively Member

This is great

I am using the one modified by i00

Are you able to change font and size of font on tab text, when I tried it made no difference

Lively Member

Does any one know how I could draw a line on a tabpage using this ta control

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123