dcsimg

Thread: i need help with Connected Clients - Updated Attachments!

Lively Member

Exclamation i need help with Connected Clients - Updated Attachments!

hello all

attached are my source files

i found a source and messed about with it, itsa chat client and a server which listens to clients

anyway the server sends out all the messages to each client,

all i want to be able todo is have a little box in my client, which is there, but has no function, its meant to list all the users currently connected

could you help me with that?

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by whapster@; Aug 13th, 2009 at 04:17 AM.

Lively Member

Re: i'm Back! and i need help with Connected CLients

any ideas? please i have a control already on my form, it is like a text box with a scrollbar

ive looked at the broadcast function in my server but i still dont know exactly what im looking for ive messed about with that bit for a good 3 hours last night and google doesnt help me either

the searching of this forums doesnt bring anything either so im stuck
    Last edited by whapster@; Aug 13th, 2009 at 04:19 AM.

Re: i'm Back! and i need help with Connected CLients

Zip ERROR...

Lively Member

Re: i need help with Connected Clients - Updated Attachments!

sorry ive just rar'ed the sources for you to look at, im not trying to get anyone todo my work, however pointing me into the right direction by explaining what to look for and how to retrieve this from my server would be greatly appreciated

thanks again in advance

Re: i need help with Connected Clients - Updated Attachments!

You should start with a little light reading on the concepts behind what a server is and it's function, as well as what a client is and it's function.

You'll have to craft a basic protocol system that allows the clients to request a specific kind of information from the server. The protocol system on the server will process the request send out the requested data in a pre-defined specified manner to the client requesting the data. this data being the list of users connected.

And as far as a userlist on the client goes, a simple ui list component would do the job. The client would nearly need to request the data and parse the response into the list component.
    Build your own personalized flash based chat room for your webpage for FREE! http://www.4computerheaven.com