dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] How do I encrypt my program so people can't hack it?

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] How do I encrypt my program so people can't hack it?

I am just wondering how to encrypt my program so people can't hack it.
    I have a program that has a spot where you can type in problems with the program and it will email it to me. But, when I release my program people hack my email and password that is used to send the problems. Please help with this, I had one before but I forget what it's called.. and the trial ran out lol.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-Wookie

Re: How do I encrypt my program so people can't hack it?

This may not be what you wanted to hear but once your program is loaded into memory it doesn't really matter what you've done with the executable.

I propose setting up a web page which accepts feedback which your program navigates to or composing an email using their default client. You could even post data to your feedback page so they don't even have to open a browser. Whatever you choose, I strongly recommend that you remove your private information from the executable.

Lively Member

Well, I still want my program not to be hacked and have the code read and everything. So I am still looking for a thing to stop this.

Thanks for the tip.

-Wookie

1/2 way accross the galaxy.. and then some

Well u could store your password encrypted.... (see System.Security.Cryptography)

... but if u send email with a password ... well ... u could just use a network traffic sniffer to get the password since it is sent unencrypted

You would be better off using a method that does not require a p/w to send u an email

Kris

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by i00 View Post
    Well u could store your password encrypted.... (see System.Security.Cryptography)

... but if u send email with a password ... well ... u could just use a network traffic sniffer to get the password since it is sent unencrypted

You would be better off using a method that does not require a p/w to send u an email

Kris
    Well, it's not like there's a group of pro hackers stealing my password everytime I make a pathetic program. It's just some nosey kids that like to cause problems. I just need a way to stop them from seeing my password when they open a program that lets them see the code.

P.S I remembered what I used before for this it was called Smart Assembly. I will check it out and let you guys know if I can get this working.

EDIT: safe assembly worked thanks for the help guys
    Last edited by WookieVagina; Aug 9th, 2009 at 04:25 AM.

Re: [RESOLVED] How do I encrypt my program so people can't hack it?

You might like to follow the CodeBank link in my signature and check out my Protected Configuration thread.

Frenzied Member

Each level of protection that you use will make it harder and harder for a hacker to discover your email address.
    However, in the end, no matter what you do instructions are readable immediately before they enter the processor. That means that no level of encryption or obfuscation can prevent the most determined hacker from discovering absolutely everything about your program. The good thing is that any person capable of reconstructing your program from individual instructions as they enter the processor certainly is not going to be interested in anything you or I can write in VB. If they are going to use their talents in that manner they're probably going to be spending their time hacking banks and the pentagon instead.

Having said that. Is anyone out there really that interested in your email address? Probably not. You'll stand a much better chance of someone doing devious things with your email address just from visiting the wrong web site. Even hecklers probably won't be aware that you even have a program available to be hacked.

Conclusion:
    Take whatever protection steps you want and then rest assured that your information is utimately discoverable no matter what you do. You can lock the front door to your house and that only keeps the novice thief from entering. As a last resort a determined thief can always just kick the door down.

Let's see if we can name a software company that has the best expertise available yet constantly gets hacked, stolen, cracked, copied and any other manner of mal-practice slung in their direction...MICROSOFT.

There's nothing you can do to stop it. It's just going to happen.

So, again, take a few steps towards protection and then relax knowing you've done all you can do.

Using "Reactor" can stop people decompiling your program.
    You can send the program to me and I will help you to encrypt your program...
    (I am using Full Version)

leon100243@yahoo.com.hk (I Am From China Hong Kong-,-)