Thread: [RESOLVED] Adding copies of the program to a listbox

Resolved [RESOLVED] Adding copies of the program to a listbox

I got an application that I want to make have multiple instances within one instance.

So I used "If App.PrevInstance = True Then End"

So I want to be able to clone this program, I have a listbox on each form for cloning this program, I want each instance opened to be added to each clones with the ones already added to the main listbox to be added to the next cloned programs listbox with the caption and other information.

Ok so, if that wasn't understandable I would like to make my program have multiple instances inside one instance, therefore I have a listbox to hold all the clone names in, so I want each clone opened to be added to the main listbox and the main listboxs items to be added to each clone opened of the program. So I can have like 5 instances of the program open through just one instance of it running in the task manager, and these 5 instances to show up on each listbox on each instance, to where I can open them singlely through the listbox after they have been hiden.

using: dim frmM as new frmmain

If this still doesn't make sense I'll try to describe it more.

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Re: Adding copies of the program to a listbox

Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would you use If App.PrevInstance = True Then End if you wanted more than one instance of the program to run since that would prevent it? Why are you showing us dim frmM as new frmmain? are you talking about multiple instances of a form rather than a program?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLiss View Post
    Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. Why would you use If App.PrevInstance = True Then End if you wanted more than one instance of the program to run since that would prevent it? Why are you showing us dim frmM as new frmmain? are you talking about multiple instances of a form rather than a program?
    Yes, multiple instances of a form running rather than a program. I am trying to get multiple instances of a form to show up in a listbox on each clone of the form, and to have all the clones running to show up in each listbox, that way when they get hidden someone can unhide them by double clicking the name on the listbox. Does this help? If not I'll try to provide mor edetail

Quote Originally Posted by MartinLiss View Post
    This?

Dim frm As Form

Set frm = New Form1
    Form1.List1.AddItem frm.Name
    frm.Show

Load frmM

frmMain.lstClones.AddItem frmM.Caption

frmM.Show

I tried that, it doesn't work for adding to any of the listboxes, I need it to add to all the listboxes of each form instance. =/

Code:
        Dim frm As Form
        Dim intIndex As Integer

Set frm = New Form1
        frm.Caption = "This is form " & Forms.Count
        frm.Show

For intIndex = 0 To Form1.List1.ListCount - 1
            frm.List1.AddItem Form1.List1.List(intIndex)
        Next

For Each frm In Forms
            frm.List1.AddItem frm.Name
        Next

Thank you that works

Now that we've helped you, you can help us by marking the thread as resolved. If you have JavaScript enabled you can do that easily by pulling down the Thread Tools menu and selecting the Mark Thread Resolved item.