Thread: C4F P2P - Windows 7?

Hybrid View

Question C4F P2P - Windows 7?

I downloaded C4F P2P for Visual Basics 2008.

I'm aware that it doesn't work on Windows XP. But I'm running Windows 7.

I installed C4F P2P then loaded Visual Basics up.

Every thing is there except the P2P options.

Heres a picture of it:

Does anyone know how to get the P2P menu there on Windows 7?
    Last edited by BSMx93; Jul 28th, 2009 at 08:20 AM.

Re: C4F P2P - Windows 7?

Please just attach your images to your posts in future. Instead of being able to see the image here I had to click a link to go to another site and I still didn't see the image.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    Please just attach your images to your posts in future. Instead of being able to see the image here I had to click a link to go to another site and I still didn't see the image.
    There you go . Above those 3 C4Fs is were the P2P supposed to be. Well, thats what it looked like when I seen other people do it.
    Last edited by BSMx93; Jul 28th, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

I'm sorry but on my screen the image is embedded to the post, so you can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by BSMx93 View Post
    I'm sorry but on my screen the image is embedded to the post, so you can see it.
    Yeah, I posted too soon. I thought you were going to load another image on an external site. My apologies. I deleted that post when I saw your image.

Have you checked whether C4F supports Win7? If it's made specifically for Vista then it may not. What happens if you try to add the P2P components to the Toolbox manually? Maybe the installer looks for Vista and doesn't install if it doesn't find it, even though it will actually work on a later OS.

Have you checked whether C4F supports Win7? If it's made specifically for Vista then it may not. What happens if you try to add the P2P components to the Toolbox manually? Maybe the installer looks for Vista and doesn't install if it doesn't find it, even though it will actually work on a later OS.
    I've Googled as much as I could for Windows 7 + C4F P2P, but I've not found anything on it. So I don't know if it fully supports Win7.

I'll try to add it manually, if I can find it xD. Thanks for the tip.

I've Googled as much as I could for Windows 7 + C4F P2P, but I've not found anything on it. So I don't know if it fully supports Win7.

I'll try to add it manually, if I can find it xD. Thanks for the tip.
    Presumably it was created before Win7 and, given that Win7 doesn't officially exist yet (the RTM at least) they haven't got around to updating things for it. My guess is that, as I suggested before, the installer checks the OS version and if it doesn't find Vista specifically it doesn't install those components, even though it's really only older OSes that would be a problem and not newer (hopefully).

Presumably it was created before Win7 and, given that Win7 doesn't officially exist yet (the RTM at least) they haven't got around to updating things for it. My guess is that, as I suggested before, the installer checks the OS version and if it doesn't find Vista specifically it doesn't install those components, even though it's really only older OSes that would be a problem and not newer (hopefully).
    No luck with adding it manually I'll just wait for a Win7 version release. Unless you got and ideas . But thanks for your time anyways.

No luck with adding it manually
    When you say "no luck" what exactly do you mean? Do you mean that you couldn't find the correct assembly or that it wouldn't add to the Toolbox or that you couldn't use the components after adding them or something else? If it's the first then maybe the installer doesn't even install that component to the machine if it doesn't find Vista, not just not installing to VS. You might be able to add the assembly to your system manually if you can get your hands on the DLL itself.