Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XNA Help (Once Again)

Re: XNA Help (Once Again)

I have installed Inno Setup and have had a little play around with it I can grasp the basics of making an installer im just not sure about checking if the client machine has the required files to run the game and if not how to include them. Have you done this before?

Not entirely, I've also messed around with it, but I typically poke around with the Setup Projects of VS Pro. I have researched how to use it to make a .NET install and it doesn't seem hard. It's all based on looking for registry values left by those packages. There's numerous spots online for showing you how to do it.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

I think I will just try and work out how to list the requirments and let the user get the downloads manually off the internet I think this will be the easiest option.

I am a bit confused Inno requires the executable file but how do I get this if I cant use vb express to publish the game?

Every time you hit "Play" or "Build", it compiles the executable to the bin/ directory.
    My CodeBank Submissions: TETRIS using VB.NET2010 and XNA4.0, Strong Encryption Class, Hardware ID Information Class, Generic .NET Data Provider Class, Lambda Function Example, Lat/Long to UTM Conversion Class, Audio Class using BASS.DLL

Remember to RATE the people who helped you and mark your forum RESOLVED when you're done!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    - Albert Einstein

Ok cool I didn't realise that.

Did you by any chance have time to look at the problem I was having with the game over text displaying when the level has been completed?

No, I haven't had the time. Most likely, it's an order-of-operations problem. I'm betting that it's running the check that If MovesLeft=0 Then GameOver = True BEFORE the check to see if the board is clear.

Remember, the Draw routine is constantly looping. If that GameOver flag is set even for a millisecond, the Draw routine may catch it and draw the GameOver text.

What you want is something like:
    If Not BoardCleared() AndAlso MovesLeft = 0 Then booGameOver = True

- Albert Einstein

Ok cool I shall have a look and see how it goes. Thanks

Ok think i'm gna get rid of this function it's driving me nuts. I've tried about 50 different ways and just will not work the way i want it to.

I basically did what you said above but it makes other things mess up then.

I did so it checks if the level is complete. If so load next level, If not check if it is game over. If it is game over then display Text.

I think the problem is where i'm actually doing all these checks I think they need to go somewhere else but im not sure where.

Throw up a link to your latest build, I got some time coming up later today and tomorrow I can take a glance at it.

- Albert Einstein

Ok thanks a lot I was getting well stressed yesterday trying to make it work.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4DRJOXR8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12