Thread: [RESOLVED] How to open a Print window

Resolved [RESOLVED] How to open a Print window

Ok, Im making a program at the moment in VB6, the thing I want to do is open a Print Window. Just like the ones that you would see if you tried to print in Microsoft Word, or Internet Explorer/Firefox.

Is there a way that you can open that to print? Or do I have to somehow create my own version of this. (If so, can anyone please help out?)

I have tried Me.Printform, but that just prints it as soon as you click the button, which isnt what I want, I want them to be able to open the window, select a printer, and Click Print from there.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks heaps

~Edocsil

Addicted Member

Re: How to open a Print window

You have to add Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0 to your project, add the object to a form and call it like this:
    vb Code:
    1. CommonDialog1.ShowPrinter

Well, You should set some flags in the flag property, but I don't remember which ones right now.

Then you must write some code after that statement, in order to actually print what you want.

Re: How to open a Print window

Thanks for your help, I am a little bit closer to achieving it (I Think) if anyone could possibly leave detailed instructions, or expand/improve upon it a bit more, it would be much appreciated

Thanks heaps

Its ok, I worked out how to do it, help was much appreciated, thanks once again
    Last edited by Edocsil; Jul 20th, 2009 at 04:51 AM.