dcsimg

Thread: How can I do this?

How can I do this?

Thank a lot.

Lively Member

Re: How can I do this?

It would be easier to read the info in notepad from a text file if you have it. If you don't then try this. I can't guarantee this will always work though.

You will need 2 buttons a textbox and a listbox for this to work. Oh and a open notepad window of course
    Code:
    Public Class Form1
        Private Declare Auto Function FindWindow Lib "user32" _
        (ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As IntPtr
        Private Declare Auto Function SetForegroundWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As IntPtr) As Integer

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
            Dim NotepadWindow As IntPtr = FindWindow("Notepad", Nothing) 'get handle to a notepad window
            Dim ClipboardList As New List(Of String) 'List of string to store the clipboard contents
            If NotepadWindow.ToInt32 > 0 Then 'Make sure you found a notepad window
                SetForegroundWindow(NotepadWindow) 'Bring the notepad window to the foreground
                SendKeys.SendWait("^a") 'Send CTRL + a to select all text
                SendKeys.SendWait("^c") 'Send CTRL + c to copy text to clipboard
                ClipboardList.AddRange(My.Computer.Clipboard.GetText(TextDataFormat.Text).Split(Environment.NewLine)) 'Copy the clipboard contents to the list
                For Each item As String In ClipboardList 'Loop thru the list
                    ListBox1.Items.Add(item.Trim) 'Add each item to a listbox and trim off empty characters
                Next
                SetForegroundWindow(Me.Handle) 'Set your program back to the foreground
            End If
        End Sub

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click
            If ListBox1.SelectedItems.Count > 0 Then 'Check that a listbox item is selected
                TextBox1.Text = ListBox1.SelectedItems(0) 'Copy the selected items text to textbox'
                'If you want the copied text to actually be in the clipbaord for pasting somewhere eles then use this
                'My.Computer.Clipboard.SetText(ListBox1.SelectedItems(0).ToString, TextDataFormat.Text)
                'Then you can paste into the textbox
            End If
        End Sub
    End Class

Fanatic Member

The second one has already been answered. Please don't double post.
    "In our profession, precision and perfection are not a dispensable luxury, but a simple necessity."
    Niklaus E. Wirth

Rate any post that helped you, it's a good way of saying thanks
    Please specify your Visual Studio Version!

Why rating is useful

My Code Bank Submissions: How to determine Windows Version| Working With Mouse Events | Blocking Input Using API | Get host's IP | Minimize to system tray "animated" | Colored ListBox (custom fonts, colors, highlight) Updated -New Class! | [VS 2008] Strong encryption and hashing class - Updated! 31/August/2009 | Create a shortcut using IWshRuntimeLibrary

oh... I see^^
    (Sorry, I forgot the "Read TXT" in the second one..)