dcsimg

Thread: [RESOLVED] Router Reset Script.

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Router Reset Script.

AT my home I have a WAMP server running on a computer I have designated as a webserver.

Everyday I've got a script to restart the webserver at some wee hour in the morning.

I would also like to extend this to the router running the network. The router is good, but generally every 4 or so days it wants a reset. It's a LINKSYS WRT350N.

Basically, the process is as such with a browser:

1. Navigate to router
    2. Place in login details (It's one of those htaccess login prompt boxes)
    3. The first page that loads up has a "Save Settings" button which resets the router.

The first page is:
    /setup.cgi?next_file=Setup.htm

The "Save Setting" button's code is:
    PHP Code:
    <input type="BUTTON" name="save" value="Save Settings"  onClick="checkData();"
    The check data function is way too long, and is not needed to know (I believe).

The reset page is a loading screen. It takes roughly about a minute for the router to reset. Navigating directly to this page will cause the router to reset, but you have to still be authenticated in:
    /setup.cgi?next_file=reboot_guage.htm

If some one could point me in the right direction on how to automate this process it would be greatly appreciated . I don't have any idea what to search for.

Re: Router Reset Script.

My first initial reaction to that would be to buy a new router

How do you authenticate yourself on the router? Is it via a web page or does a authentication dialog pop up when you attempt to access it?
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Fanatic Member

Yes, I know. But it's an awesome router . It just gets stuck after too much traffic runs through it (I have a media centre streaming some DVDs throughout the house, and it crashes usually a short time after it).

It's a dialog popup. Not one of those in page ones with a textbox and a submit button.

I attached a screenshot for you .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It is using HTTP authentication. If you send along an authorization header in PHP (which the browser does with every request) then it should work.

PHP Code:
    header ('Authorization: ' base64_encode($username ':' $password)); 
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Fanatic Member

PHP Code:
    header ('Authorization: ' base64_encode($username ':' $password)); 
    header ('Location: /setup.cgi?next_file=reboot_guage.htm'); 
    Something like that? Or does PHP support this type of login over multiple requests, or how to I place this in for every page PHP needs to navigate to? Not too sure how it works XD.

Silly me, i have got it the wrong way around.

You need to actually request the page manually using fsockopen and include the header within that. Have a look at the fsockopen page as it has an example of how to make an HTTP request directly:

http://uk2.php.net/fsockopen

Fanatic Member

PHP Code:
    <?php
    $fp 
    fsockopen("192.168.1.1"80$errno$errstr30);
    if (!
    $fp) {
        echo 
    "$errstr ($errno)<br />\n";
    } else {

$out "GET /setup.cgi?next_file=reboot_guage.htm HTTP/1.1\r\n";

$out .= "Host: 192.168.1.1\r\n";

$out .= 'Authorization: ' base64_encode($username ':' $password) . '\r\n';

$out .= "Connection: Close\r\n\r\n";

fwrite($fp$out);

/*while (!feof($fp)) {
            echo fgets($fp, 128);
    // dnt need to see it :).
        }*/

fclose($fp);
    }
    ?>
    I think I got it ?

Did it work? You should at least read the first line of the response to check that it succeeded (i.e. you get a HCCP 200 OK).

Fanatic Member

Nahh, it didn't work. I'm just getting Wireshark now and going to spy on the headers to see the browser doing it .

It gave me a 401.

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Server: Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 22:57:48 GMT WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Linksys WRT350N" Content-Type: text/html Connection: close
    401 Unauthorized
    Authorization required.
    I tried:
    PHP Code:
    $out .= 'Authorization: Basic ' base64_encode($username ':' $password) . '\r\n'
    As well.

Fanatic Member

Got it working . It just wanted:

PHP Code:
        $out .= "Keep-Alive: 300\r\n";
    $out .= "Connection: keep-alive\r\n"
    Router is being difficult, lol.

Thanks for your help!