Thread: [RESOLVED] VB.net, Code, and Highlight tags

Resolved [RESOLVED] VB.net, Code, and Highlight tags

Suggestion 1:
    Instead of users having to use [highlight=vb.net] I think vb.net should have it's own tag, just [vb.net].

Suggestion 2:
    Make a "Select All Code" button that will auto-highlight the contents of a [code](/code) block (or other code-type blocks)

Suggestion 3:
    Whenever I copy code from a post that used [highlight=vb.net] and paste it into my program, it always has # signs in between each line. Is there any way to make it not do this? I think it would be more beneficial to just take out the numbers, they are helpful but they do more bad than good.
    If your problem is solved, click the Thread Tools button at the top and mark your topic as Resolved!

If someone helped you out, click the button on their post and leave them a comment to let them know they did a good job

Get the Text inbetween HTML Tags (or two words)

Former Admin/Moderator MartinLiss's Avatar

Re: VB.net, Code, and Highlight tags

I'm sorry but the first two suggestion will most likely not happen since we would have to add "hacks" the the vbulletin forum code and we only do that very rarely.

Your 3rd suggestion/problem has been discussed before and in a minute or two I'll be back with a link. BTW this link in my signature is one solution.

Frenzied Member

I will also be adding more language support to x:Light which is a BBCode highlighter in order to produce better highlighting for vBulletin based forums as code highlighting tends to be at the end of a VERY long list of things to do/improve on vBulletin based boards. No dodgy line numbers or spaces!

I should have VB and C# in about 4 weeks.
    Last edited by DeanMc; Mar 18th, 2009 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanMc View Post
    I will also be adding more language support to x:Light which is a BBCode highlighter in order to produce better highlighting for vBulletin based forums as code highlighting tends to be at the end of a VERY long list of things to do/improve on vBulletin based boards. No dodgy line numbers or spaces!

I should have VB and C# in about 4 weeks.
    Sounds good, thanks for the help both of you.
    If your problem is solved, click the Thread Tools button at the top and mark your topic as Resolved!

If someone helped you out, click the button on their post and leave them a comment to let them know they did a good job

Get the Text inbetween HTML Tags (or two words)