Thread: [RESOLVED] Motion Detector (webcam) program VB5/VB6 - works, but could use improvement->

Frenzied Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Motion Detector (webcam) program VB5/VB6 - works, but could use improvement->

EDIT:
    Please go to this thread:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...44#post3476744

Hello,

I made a decent motion detection program in Visual Basic 5. It works by comparing the most recently captured (from a webcam) image with the previous one and triggering a warning above a certain level of difference. It can also send e-mails with a snapshot attached. Unfortunately pictures can only be saved in bitmap format with Visual Basic 5, which makes e-mailing the images a bit slow.

Thanks to the getdibits API function it works at a decent speed, but I think it could run even faster. The code is a bit rough and could use a bit more documentation as well.

Suggestions and comments are welcome... And perhaps the code will be useful for others.

See the attached zip file for the program.

EDIT:
    Uploaded a new version of the program. Should be version 1.01 now.
    Last edited by Peter Swinkels; Mar 22nd, 2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Clarified the topic title.

Re: [RESOLVED] Motion Detector (webcam) program VB5/VB6 - works, but could use improv

hello peter, can i download somewhere the source code?

thx benoit
    Last edited by si_the_geek; Oct 10th, 2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: removed email address to protect from spam bots

Frenzied Member

Re: [RESOLVED] Motion Detector (webcam) program VB5/VB6 - works, but could use improv

Here is the code.