Hi,

I am using Process.Start(fileName) to let Windows open certain files outside of my application with their 'default application'.

If "fileName" for example is a ".txt" file, it opens the file in Notepad. If it is a folder, it opens windows explorer with that folder selected.

This all seems to work well, except when the user enters a file that has no application 'linked' to it... (a file that has no file associations)

I have wrapped the Process.Start() in a Try/Catch block so that any errors are caught and displayed.
When I now open a file without any file associations (windows does not know with which application to open it) it tells me that it cannot find any application to open it with. (The exact error is in dutch so I don't think that's going to be much help here, but I think it's clear what's happening, no?)

What I would like to happen in this case is that the windows "Open With" dialog comes up, asking the user to select an application to open the file with.
Now it just displays the error message and continues, making it impossible for the user to open the file unless he browses to the file manually and sets up the file association, something many users probably don't know how to do...

So is this possible?