Thread: [RESOLVED] Web page text centered with Internet Explorer but at left edge in Firefox

Resolved [RESOLVED] Web page text centered with Internet Explorer but at left edge in Firefox

My website www.taylorentertainment.biz has the text centered left to right on all the pages with Internet Explorer 7 but with Firefox the text appears at the left edge. I was playing around with things and then discovered I messed things up for IE 7. I've now gotten it back so it looks good in IE 7 but the text is still at the left edge in Firefox.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda

PowerPoster

Re: Web page text centered with Internet Explorer but at left edge in Firefox

Use the style margin:0 auto; on the DIV tag to center it within the TD tag.

text-align: center is for centering the text within an element. There is no Text in the td element but IE is using that style to align the div, which is incorrect.
    Last edited by brucevde; Feb 28th, 2009 at 11:41 AM.

Re: Web page text centered with Internet Explorer but at left edge in Firefox

Excellent. That did the trick. Thanks a million. You just earned some points towards getting an eleventh green gem.
    Make as many mistakes as you can as quickly as you can. We want to make sure that we make a great enough number of mistakes in a given amount of time so that we can be successful.

"Persistence is the magic of success." Paramahansa Yogananda