Thread: Card Counter - Hearts

Card Counter - Hearts

Hi all,

I am really newbie in VB and I would like to ask you to propose me ways to create a simple program that would display the numbers of cards that are being played in a Hearts game (another window)

During my internet searching I have found why how to specify the window that the hearts game is played but I did not find a way to "read" the cards that are being played in order to count them.

Any help will be really appreciable.

Re: Card Counter - Hearts

Are you talking about MS Hearts in particular (I know the layout to that one)?

One tool that you may have would be Spy++. If you open that, and go to Find (the binoculars icon, or Alt+F3), you get a window with a finder tool. Grab the crosshairs in the finder tool and drag them around the screen. As you go over each window you will see that the information in the Find form changes to show you information about the window that the tool is over. By doing this, you can see a few things, most notably: The cards aren't windows. In fact, it appears that the cards are drawn graphics, and are not objects themselves. This would make obtaining them particularly difficult, but you mgiht be able to examine the messages. To put it lightly, though, this is NOT a simple program.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing