Thread: IIS from the basis

IIS from the basis

Hi all,

I'm looking an e-book explains IIS from the beginning. If anyone of you have a one, please send a copy to me. I really appreciate.

Thanks

Eranga
    “victory breeds hatred, the defeated live in pain; happily the peaceful live giving up victory and defeat” - Gautama Buddha

Re: IIS from the basis

If anyone has an ebook or ordinary book on the subject they should post the book title, author, etc here. That way other members of the forum can go find the book if they need it. I know I am curious about IIS too.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

I don't know of any but what about the www.iis.net website?

Quote Originally Posted by mendhak
    I don't know of any but what about the www.iis.net website?
    It features a lot of information on everything from installing IIS to deploying websites to security. It even has some complete video tutorials.
    Sometimes it's hard to find the right information, though.
    They tend to create a lot of sub-topics within sub-topics.
    I code C#....

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! mendhak's Avatar

Yes, I agree. It can often be overwhelming for a starter to a new topic. You'll find SDKs, Getting Started guides, Beginning guides, Starter Kits, Sample Kits and a host of blogs about it... I don't think that throwing links at the user is the way to go, but that's the format of a lot of those sites.

Anyways, unfortunately, that's the best you have and what you really can work with. I don't know of any IIS books... I'm sure they're out there and do a great job. It may just be worth spending on it if you're serious about going in-depth into IIS.