Thread: [2008] Running a game inside form?

Hyperactive Member

Question [2008] Running a game inside form?

I have a FPS game i built using FPS creator that works fine but i want to run it inside my form. Like so for example:

"Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life." ~Michael Sinz

Code Snippets/Usefull Links:
    WinRAR DLL|Vista Style Form|Krypton Component Library|Windows Form Aero|Parsing XML files|Calculate File's CRC 32|Download a list of files.

Re: [2008] Running a game inside form?

You could try setting your app to 'Me.TopMost = True' and have a timer set the focus to it every second or so to keep it above the game, like this: 'AppActivate(Me.Text)'

It isn't great but it might work.
    Did I help you with your problem? If I did rate me by clicking here: Rate knxrb

Re: [2008] Running a game inside form?

I've been fiddling with a FPS Creator game I've built to test this and because it uses DirectX it draws it above everything else.

The only way to do this is to buy DarkBasic Pro & DarkLights and then re-compile the fpsc-game source code and set the display settings to 'Windowed'.

Then embed the window handle into a container on your form.

knxrb
    Did I help you with your problem? If I did rate me by clicking here: Rate knxrb