Thread: [RESOLVED] [2008] Keep track of build

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] [2008] Keep track of build

I would like to know if there is a way of letting vb update the assembly information according to how many times it has been built or debugged?.. Incase you don't understand me lets say i built the file 1000 times, the assembly info only says build 1.0 and i want it to update by itself cuz i cant remember to update that every single time.
    "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life." ~Michael Sinz

Code Snippets/Usefull Links:
    WinRAR DLL|Vista Style Form|Krypton Component Library|Windows Form Aero|Parsing XML files|Calculate File's CRC 32|Download a list of files.

Re: [2008] Keep track of build

Just put a * in the build number. It won't increment version numbers (you're meant to do that yourself) but putting a * in the build will automatically increment the build number.
    KrisSiegel.com - My Personal Website with my blog and portfolio
    Don't Forget to Rate Posts!

Free Icons: FamFamFam, VBCorner, VBAccelerator
    Useful Links: System.Security.SecureString Managed DPAPI Overview Part 1 Managed DPAPI Overview Part 2 MSDN, MSDN2, Comparing the Timer Classes

Hyperactive Member

Edit* Nvm i found it, it was in publish, thanks.
    "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life." ~Michael Sinz

Code Snippets/Usefull Links:
    WinRAR DLL|Vista Style Form|Krypton Component Library|Windows Form Aero|Parsing XML files|Calculate File's CRC 32|Download a list of files.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbucks
    Edit* Nvm i found it, it was in publish, thanks.
    No you didn't. No it isn't. That has no effect on the assembly whatsoever. That will increment the version number of the installer each time you publish. It doesn't increment the assembly version number and it doesn't do anything when you build.