Thread: how to get system date (VB.Net 2005))

Post how to get system date (VB.Net 2005))

Code:
     Dim day1 as date
    i want to get the system date to this day1 variable. how shoud i do that. Please help me

Re: how to get system date (VB.Net 2005))

Date.Now is current date and time. Date.Today is current date.

thank you! it worked

Cool. Don't forget to mark your thread [Resolved] using the Thread Tools menu.

Do anyone know how i can change system time with a text box? i only need to change the year.
    i am completly blank.

You can't change the system time. It's the system time! You can change the way that it is interpreted but the only reason for doing that is nefarious in intent so I won't be telling you how!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Frenzied Member

As far as I know, changing the system time requires a separate API - SetLocalTime. Here's an example: http://www.a1vbcode.com/vbforums/FindPost25051.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Zach_VB6 View Post
    As far as I know, changing the system time requires a separate API - SetLocalTime. Here's an example: http://www.a1vbcode.com/vbforums/FindPost25051.aspx
    That might get you into another time zone. It won't transport you back in time by a year!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

You know its funny. I can't think of any recent instance where I actually tried to change the time from code. But I do remember it was definitely possible to do in QuickBasic and in one line no-less. Weird that I haven't actually tried to do that since that those days.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

I'll just throw it out there, that you could simply run a "date xx/xx/xxxx" (or time) command line process that changes the system date.