Thread: [2008] Multiple Combos with one list

Hyperactive Member

[2008] Multiple Combos with one list

Hello, I've got a number of combos in my application each showing the same information. I set the combo's datasource with a list that I get through a (LINQ) query. I want to just run this query once (save on database load) but use the same list throughout the program. The list is actually quite big (a customer list) and I would rather not have 10 copies of it littered throughout memory. My question is, is there a way I can have 5 combos (or two or whatever) each having their list items initialized from the same list but WITHOUT having the selected indices on all of them changing when I change the selectedindex on one of them?

The situation i am running into now is that when I change the selectedItem on one combo they are all changing and the various events that each one is supposed to trigger are all triggering.

Is there a way I can initialize multiple datasources from the same list while not actually being tied to the lists position?

Thanks,
    jerome

Lively Member

Re: [2008] Multiple Combos with one list

Psychlotron,

One way to make the comboboxes independent of each other is to assign each combobox a new binding context. For example:

ComboBox1.BindingContext = New BindingContext

Do that for each of the comboboxes and then they should be independent.

Kerry Moorman

Hyperactive Member

Re: [2008] Multiple Combos with one list

Ok, Thanks KMoorman. I'll give that a try over the weekend.

-Psychlotron