Thread: [RESOLVED] Embed picture in project

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Embed picture in project

I need to somehow embed a picture into a project so that it cannot be simply replaced. The program is to be distributed so I don't want someone simply replacing the owners logo image file. I suppose that I will have their name written in text in different parts so not sure if anyone would bother anyway.

Is this possible out of interest?

Re: Embed picture in project

Quote Originally Posted by sgrya1
    I need to somehow embed a picture into a project so that it cannot be simply replaced. The program is to be distributed so I don't want someone simply replacing the owners logo image file. I suppose that I will have their name written in text in different parts so not sure if anyone would bother anyway.

Is this possible out of interest?
    If your form contains an image control with a picture file loaded into it (such as .gif, .jpg, or .bmp), I don't see how that can be replaced by any user. Your owner's logo simply has to be an image file format that VB6 recognizes. You can do this during design time.
    Doctor Ed

Fanatic Member

Re: Embed picture in project

That's it. I've been working with pictureboxes and loading logos into that at runtime. Have never used an image control before.