Thread: Implementing Policy in IE using VB 2008

Lively Member

Implementing Policy in IE using VB 2008

Can anyone help me or anyone experience implementing policy using VB.

for example I want to restrict user from downloading in the net.

All they can do is total browsing only...

Images cannot be download. etc.

Re: Implementing Policy in IE using VB 2008

Firstly, why would you want to do this? Secondly, everything including images, pages scripts and stylesheets are downloaded from the net when you browse the web; so restricting downloading is a bit pointless.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.

Lively Member

Acually we have the same idea about that, ^^ we work under a high security policy when it comes to Internet Explorer, that is why my boss want to deploy a Computer Unit that the main purpose is for us to browse other website like an ordinary cafe with out restrictions. so my boss want us to create or to research on how to avoid downloading once we visit the site, as in all.. (e.g. when you right+click an image, the Save as function should be disabled. something like that.) if you have an idea please inform me... I will really appreciate it,. Thanks

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Hack's Avatar

Your thread title references VB 2008. Are you looking to implement this through programming code?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy_e23
    Acually we have the same idea about that, ^^ we work under a high security policy when it comes to Internet Explorer, that is why my boss want to deploy a Computer Unit that the main purpose is for us to browse other website like an ordinary cafe with out restrictions. so my boss want us to create or to research on how to avoid downloading once we visit the site, as in all.. (e.g. when you right+click an image, the Save as function should be disabled. something like that.) if you have an idea please inform me... I will really appreciate it,. Thanks
    Disabling thins like Save As is can be achieved using the group policy editor. To place broader restrictions on browsing such as limiting the time / maximum download size and user names and passwords, I would suggest you set up a proxy and have all traffic pass through that.
    PHP || MySql || Apache || Get Firefox || OpenOffice.org || Click || Slap ILMV || 1337 c0d || GotoMyPc For FREE! Part 1, Part 2

| PHP Session --> Database Handler * Custom Error Handler * Installing PHP * HTML Form Handler * PHP 5 OOP * Using XML * Ajax * Xslt | VB6 Winsock - HTTP POST / GET * Winsock - HTTP File Upload

Latest quote: crptcblade - VB6 executables can't be decompiled, only disassembled. And the disassembled code is even less useful than I am.

Random VisualAd: Blog - Latest Post: When the Internet becomes Electricity!!

Spread happiness and joy. Rate good posts.