Thread: Remote Web Page Controls a VB6 Program

Lively Member

Remote Web Page Controls a VB6 Program

Hello,
    I want to have a web page that can be accessed through the internet and on that web page there are buttons. Whenever the user clicks a button on that web page, data is sent to the host computer and the host computer performs an action based on what button on the web page was pressed by the remote user. For example: three buttons : button 1 , 2, and 3. Button 1 makes the host computer open up a picture which shows the number one and so forth, each button causes the host computer to perform its respective task.

, Eric

Re: Remote Web Page Controls a VB6 Program

You could use ASP or PHP I suppose, to make the web app to send data to the host, which would be listening on a Winsock port. I don't have a lot of experience with the web side of it though. What will this app be used for, I'm curious?

PowerPoster

Re: Remote Web Page Controls a VB6 Program

You need to define the host. Is the host of this web page a server application running on your PC or is it a server somewhere else like a hosting company (GoDaddy for example)?

If it is a server on a hosting company then you will need to know what the hosting company allows you to do and what your hosting options are. Most hosting services do not allow executables.

If you are the host; meaning you are running your own server, then you can do what you want (your PC security must allow it, however).