Thread: load(form) VB.NET

Hybrid View

load(form) VB.NET

Hello,

Lately a mate of mine & I have been recoding a DeskTop application from VB6 to VB.NET, we are stuck on a slight problem

In VB6 you could use Load(Form1) for example to load that form into memory and interact with its controls without showing the form to the user

In VB.NET it appears the function of this is different? Does anyone around here know how to do this?
    Any help would be much appreciated..

Thank you.

Frenzied Member

Re: load(form) VB.NET

just create new instance of form so you an interact with public and protected member of that form..

e.g

Code:
    dim frmForm as new frmForm1

Hello again

Thank you for your reply, this worked great i was able to call our function as needed.

However, We have run into another problem that you or someone else may be able to assist with

We basically have two forms (frmMain and frmAuth) on which frmMain the user enters a user and password which is then used to connect to an IRC server. The IRC socket is defined within frmAuth. On recieving a certain 'RAW' from the IRC server (005 to be exact) we close frmMain using ( frmMain.close() ) and show frmAuth using ( me.show() )- however at this point frmAuth freezes and becomes unresponsive, which leads to the program being ended, While mentioning this the we can have frmAuth show upon clicking `Login` and this works fine, this problem is highly pretty damn annoying..

Thanks for your Help..

Well since you haven't posted any code or exception info, we cannot do anything to help you. We cannot gaze into the depths of the crystal ball and identify your problem My advice would be to run the app through the debugger, run it line-by-line and see what actually is going on and what makes the form freeze and the app crash. Also, it may be a good idea to post the information about any exceptions being thrown and the code that caused them.
    Please rate helpful ppl's posts. It's the best 'thank you' you can give