Thread: Need Advice

Need Advice

What to do if tasked to make something false and grandiose from something trivial solely for marketing purposes?

Is it only the choice of words or what?

any other details we can add to make things more impressive?
    Last edited by oceanebelle; Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:54 AM.

Hyperactive Member tommygrayson's Avatar

Re: Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by oceanebelle
    What to do if tasked to make something false and grandiose from something trivial solely for marketing purposes?

Is it only the choice of words or what?
    Basically marketing's purpose is to sell.

So basically the main weapon of marketing is "words that sell".

So yeah, choice of words.

What are you trying to do by the way?
    Rate Me! Rate Me! Rate Me!

Time to fly.

Copyright GraysonSoft Inc. 2007

Make a presentation to convince a client, that is more firmware oriented, that our company is the best company to make their firmware software because we have the necessary experience in dealing with firmware.

So far one of my previous project was dealing with a dhcp server and that is being packaged as a "success story". Hopefully that would convince the clients to sway to our company's favor.

However, that project had several components and our task was only to create the web user interface and use an API. The API was the actual stuff that did all the firmware related operations...

So making this presentation is ... uggh... giving me a lot of stress for the fact that i was told to mention that the project did create the software that is directly manipulating the firmware, in an indirect manner. As if owning the work of another company.

And i have to make a lie for that. I can't understand why the marketing people is not doing this when I'm not marketing.

I just hope there are no more revisions to the presentation I made, I've had enough. Stress is really bad for the skin.

Hyperactive Member tommygrayson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oceanebelle
    And i have to make a lie for that. I can't understand why the marketing people is not doing this when I'm not marketing.

I just hope there are no more revisions to the presentation I made, I've had enough. Stress is really bad for the skin.
    I see that the marketing staff is a n00b. I think you should seek their cooperation regarding the flavourful lies in the presentation. Thay are good with those things.

P.S.

Tell them also to provide a huge amount of marketing budget. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Rate Me! Rate Me! Rate Me!

Time to fly.

Copyright GraysonSoft Inc. 2007