Thread: Wanting To Create A Patch

Lively Member

Smile Wanting To Create A Patch

I was wanting to create a simple patch that deploys the bootstrap files but leave the holder BLANK where the app.exe should go.

a) How can I achieve this using the List files Only?

b) Or how can I *specifically* modify the program setup not to deploy an EXE, just a BLANK, or nothing at all.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Wanting To Create A Patch

What!?!?!?!?!

Hyperactive Member

Bob,

Do you mean you want an installation that doesn't overwrite the exe file(s)? If so inno setup has a flag called onlyifdoesntexist. meaning it will only install the file if it isn't there already. what install app are you using now?

Lively Member

Smile Re: Wanting To Create A Patch

I am looking for a way to intall the BOOT STRAP files only and not the EXE. In other words the setup will suggest a folder name [given when using the PDW] wher the app.EXE is to go....... but I do not want that app.EXE to deploy.

I want the folder to be EMPTY. Can someone please illustrate *exactly* how this can be done. Thank you.

Please illustrate with List files first and if not with a modification of setup files......

Hyperactive Member

I could tell you how to do it if you were using Inno Setup, but not with PDW. try using Inno Setup its free and way better and professional looking than PDW.

MS already provides a way to install just the VB6 runtime files???????

Lively Member

Smile Re: Wanting To Create A Patch

[q]MS already provides a way to install just the VB6 runtime files???????[/q]
    thank you. Can you explain how I can do this. I am grateful for your help

I just want the BOOTSTAP files only. Thank you for guiding me on this.

Lively Member

I could tell you how to do it if you were using Inno Setup, but not with PDW. try using Inno Setup its free and way better and professional looking than PDW.
    Thanks anyways. I don't have this other setup. Randem was kind enough to state this could be done OK, so I am awaiting his help.

I am grateful for all the help received. I'm wondering if this modification is done when I initially set up my app, or in the list files, as I just want the bootstrap files deployed during my setup and NOT the app.EXE.